Friday, March 24, 2017

Scripting or Crying? I can't tell anymore

FINALLY. I AM SCRIPTING.
Most of my peers have decided to storyboard their films, but for me personally, scripting is more beneficial. I would much rather write out my script and know exactly what I mean than spend hours trying to draw in boxes when I am a terrible, terrible artist.
For the scripting process, I am using Adobe Story. I've had an account since my freshman year, but since I'm no filmmaker, I haven't used it too often. I'm glad I can finally put it to some use!
Now, for my first major conflict:

Writing a comedy is impossible.


I am showing you the beginning portion of my script. A rough draft is completed, but I doubt anybody will want to see this film after reading the rest of it.
The protagonists name is Caroline, as you can see. (Yes, the actress's name is Carolina, yes I know I'm not creative.) For this beginning portion, I think I did a really good job of portraying what I want visually; however, the writing is a little weak. I'm hoping and praying that once I get a few people to read it, they'll give me the tips I need to ensure my film isn't too cringeworthy.
I also think this is the perfect amount of airport footage I need in the morning. Since we won't be waiting for an insane amount of time, I can't film an outrageous amount at the airport. So, I'm hoping to break it up between FLL, LAX, and our hotel location, the Hilton Anaheim.
As frustrating as this is, I'm so glad I finally have a major conflict to overcome. I'm really excited to make this opening something worth watching!
Stay tuned, because this next week could either go really well or really poorly (as do most of the events in my life).

Until next time,
Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment