Thursday, March 30, 2017

Production Rapp-Up

With my trip to California nearly over, I spent today (my off day) filming with Carolina some more. This was difficult because today was NOT her off day!! She was filming for her movie trailer contest for six hours, but she finished in time for me to get some more shots of her! I believe I have enough for my film opening now, so I can officially say THAT'S A RAPP!!! (Get it? Because her last name is Rapp!! I'm hilarious.)

Yesterday, I really realized how much I love the post-production process. For Karla's and my contest, "Spot Feature," we had 2 hours to film and 3 hours to edit a feature story based on the prompt "Artistic Type." When we filmed, we took up the ENTIRE two hours, but when it came to editing, we finished the ENTIRE project to perfection before we even hit the 2 hour mark. Editing is 100% my happy place, and this just reaffirmed for me that editing, whether it's a news package or a film opening, doesn't take me very long when I sit and just focus. This has definitely relieved a lot of stress for me!! (And if you'd like to view our entry, you can watch it below!)

While on the topic of editing, now might be a good time to explain what I plan to use for editing. I am an Adobe Certified Associate in Video Communication Using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, CS6, and CC, so naturally using this software will be what is most efficient and easy for me. Many people prefer iMovie or even Final Cut Pro (and I didn't even realize how many people used Final Cut until I came to this convention!), but personally I like having total and complete control over the final product to a T, so Premiere is my true editing love.

As soon as I'm home, this editing will commence!

Until next time,
Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment