Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Plans Composing

I have decided that I am going to make a high school film. Yes, it’s cliche, yes, I know I’m not very creative in doing so. Just hear me out.
What do I know better than high school? What do I know better than the place where I spend 90% of my time? If I’m going to create a film, it should be about what I know.
Even though typical high school coming-of-age films don’t seem very creative, they actually perform pretty well commercially. The Perks of Being a Wallflower grossed a total of $33,384,127 worldwide, and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off has grossed approximately  $70,136,369 since its release in 1986 (proving that a comedy film is the best route). Furthermore, Easy A (2010) has grossed $74,952,305, Napoleon Dynamite (2004) grossed  $46,118,097 (which is impressive, given their $400,000 budget), and Mean Girls (2004) has grossed a crazy $129,042,871 worldwide. So, even if I’m a bit uncreative in my setting, at least I’d be making money.
Regardless, I still want to make my film somewhat unique. I’ve taken the week to really think about what my film should be, and I think I’ve come up with a pretty good plot.
It’s my senior year, and while I’ve known where I wanted to go to college since September, everyone else is freaking out right now. Decision Day is in a month and a half and there are still several of my friends who haven’t chosen a school yet. I want to do a film about someone who’s really had their entire life planned out since they were very young, and then once senior year comes around, they don’t get into the school they want, so they have to spend their senior year reevaluating how they’re going to move forward with their life.
Still think I’m being cliche? Maybe I am. But this is something I know I can accomplish well! Why not go for it?
I’m going to take the weekend and start scripting and storyboarding. Hopefully I can develop more of a concrete storyline before our first peer meeting on Tuesday!


Until next time,
Corina


The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012). (n.d.). Retrieved March 17, 2017, from http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=perksofbeingawallflower.htm
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986). (n.d.). Retrieved March 17, 2017, from http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ferrisbuellersdayoff.htm
Easy A (2010). (n.d.). Retrieved March 17, 2017, from http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=easya.htm
Napoleon Dynamite (2004). (n.d.). Retrieved March 17, 2017, from http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=napoleondynamite.htm
Mean Girls (2004). (n.d.). Retrieved March 17, 2017, from http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=meangirls.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment