Sunday, March 12, 2017

Corina Aguilera Takes No Days Off

Over the weekend, I decided to look deeper into my two chosen films and check out their film openings. The film opening for Ferris Bueller’s Day Off alludes to conflict, and while it works perfectly for that film, I don’t know if this is the exact style I want.

The film opening the The Perks of Being a Wallflower works more to create mystery & establish the tone of the film. With this, I realized that I want to do a similar style of creating tone, but also allude to conflict, like in the prior film opening.

After much more research, I became more interested in the opening monologue of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Breaking the fourth wall is something straightforward that I want to accomplish, and it sets a much brighter tone for the film by making the character connect with the audience in a very powerful and confident way. I don’t necessarily want to do the entire film opening breaking the fourth wall, but I think a combination of this and voiceover will do my opening justice.

I am going to spend the next week developing my plot for the movie, so I can understand better how to create my opening!

Until next time,

Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment