Sunday, March 19, 2017

10/10 Organization

I FEEL SO ORGANIZED.
Not only have I planned out the next 3 weeks, I’ve also found my lead actress and decided how exactly I’m going to do my film opening.
The schedule you see here is my plan for the rest of this project period. (You'll also see it was my mom's birthday two weeks ago, happy birthday Christie!) The next week will be SOLELY developing my film opening in detail, followed by two weeks of filming and editing (and of course, my creative critical reflection). What I have neglected to put in this chart is that I will be traveling to Anaheim, California from March 27th to April 1st. Hopefully, I can sneak in a few shots that would make sense and do some kind of filming while I’m there! Finally, that last week will be dedicated to finishing with my filming and editing my project together. Now that I have a solid plan, I feel so much better about completing this project and doing it well.
Speaking of things done well, my lead actress is none other than one of my closest friends, Carolina Rapp. Cali is a fellow TV production student and one who is much more film-based than I am, so not only will she be good on camera, but her outlook and film background will help me make my opening that much better! She is very bright and bubbly, but also very scatter-brained, so she already embodies much of what I want my main protagonist to be like! (I could have chosen a much more professional picture, but I had just shaped Cali's eyebrows for the first time and she was so happy I had to take pics of her!)
Finally, my film opening. I am going to be breaking the fourth wall in my opening. The main character will be talking the audience through her life up until her senior year - how she’s always had a plan, she’s always been focused and determined, and she would never let anything stand in the way of her goals. Because of this, she hasn’t made many friends or gone out much or done anything that wasn’t a part of her plan, but it’s not important to her. What’s important is she follows her plan...that is, until she gets denied early decision. The title will pop up as she gets denied, and (as you may or may not have noticed in my last blog post) I’ve decided that my film will be titled SCHOOLED.
These are the ideas that I’ll be taking with me to our first peer review meeting on Tuesday. I’m hoping that my ideas are good, but I’m also hoping that I can make it better with some help!
Until next time,

Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment