Thursday, March 23, 2017

Back to the Drawing Board...only not really

Hello pals! First of all, I'm too excited NOT to talk about how my friend Karla Recio and I have placed statewide for a news package we did on the Cypress Bay Basketball team!
We were given the All-Florida rating, which is the highest rating a segment can get individually. In addition, the top three are considered "Best of the Best" nominees, and at the state convention in April, we'll find out if we had the top score in the state! This is 100% irrelevant to my film opening, but I was so proud of the package we made that I couldn't help but share. (Not to mention the other contenders were on a team of 4 and a whole staff, and Karla and I pulled it off with just two people and it was just as good, hopefully better!!!)
Today, I talked to Mrs. Stoklosa about my scheduling for the rest of this project, and she was concerned that I was putting a lot on myself in the last week before the project was due. I hadn't thought about it like that before, since I thought it was possible to film and edit in the same week, but then I realized a few things:

1. I'm going to Anaheim next week, and I'll basically be putting off my project for an entire 7 days, and
2. With my film opening idea, it wouldn't even make sense to film in Anaheim or at any time, really.

With this in mind, I've decided to rethink my film opening, but not my entire plot. It's very possible for me to have the same or similar plot while just changing the opening; in fact, I think I could film what I need at the airport. I can change the plot to make it "Girl doesn't get into college, so she goes to the college to make them change their mind" rather than "Girl doesn't get into college and has to figure her life out." With this in mind, I can still create everything I want to, just in a different setting!

So my plan:

- Carolina will be coming to Anaheim, so I can still use her as my actress.
- We have to be at FLL at 7 am sharp for a flight that leaves at 9 am. I believe this should be enough time to get what I need, especially knowing it won't all be at FLL.
- If the airport doesn't go as planned, I have a whole week in Anaheim to fix my problem!

Now, onto scripting!

Until next time,
Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment