Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Last Minute Revisions

SO. I have news.

I was filming this scene with Carolina yesterday that I thought would be great in the beginning of my film. My intention was to film that scene and use the footage I gathered in California, but after we filmed that and I realized it was still only 4:30, I thought... "well, why don't I also film this scene that I originally wanted?"

So, we moved into the bedroom where I filmed Carolina some more.

THEN, after realizing "hey, it's Tuesday, why don't I film at school tomorrow and do the film opening I originally wanted to do?"

So today, I filmed scenes at school with Carolina and recorded her voiceover. And I realized - this footage I gathered over the past two days makes me much happier than what I filmed in California. Is the original footage useable? Yes, of course! But I realized that if I have the time to fix what I want to fix, I shouldn't compromise the quality of my film. So, filming has OFFICIALLY wrapped up as of earlier today - tomorrow is my editing day, and this weekend is dedicated to my Creative Critical Reflection.

It's kind of funny to believe that this is the last week of my project before it's due. Just a few weeks ago, I genuinely didn't believe I was capable of making a film opening. Now, here I am, not only done filming, but I managed to stay on my schedule for the last month. 

It's been quite a ride!

Until next time,
Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment