Thursday, April 6, 2017

Corina Aguilera, the Speed-Editor

I cannot tell you how much I love to edit.

I love it SO much, in fact, that even though I've never edited a film together before, I managed to have a rough cut done within an hour of importing my clips.

As I've mentioned before, I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CS.6 to edit my project on, due to my experience and love for the software.

So I finish my rough cut, export it, and send it to practically everyone I know who could give me some solid advice, because I was having a few issues:

1. Music. I used Epidemic Sound to find the song I end up using, but initially I had NO idea what to put for music.

2. Audio. While natural sound isn't necessarily important for my film opening (except my favorite part in the beginning!!), Carolina's voiceover sounded echo-y to me at times.

3. General editing. Remember, I'm new to film-editing, so I wanted to make sure everything was as good as it could be!

I got some great advice from my friends - while some of my shots are not filmed fantastically, I was able to at least make my editing smart! I also chose what I believe to be a great song for this opening, and I know it was great because my friends talked about how annoying it was, and I thought "GREAT! These films are SUPPOSED to mildly annoy you!"




The film opening is currently slated for just under 1:35, which I actually think is great timing considering I originally thought this was going to be too long. My video is OFFICIALLY exported and ready to be turned in, and I could not be more happy!

I have so much to talk about in my CCR about how I've grown with this project. You can guess what my next blog post is going to be about!

Until next time,
Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment